Dharanitha has a B.A. in Mathematics from Georgian Court University. After graduation, she pursued Applied Biomedical Engineering at Johns Hopkins University while tutoring students in math, science, writing, and Spanish. In her spare time, she enjoys playing piano, reading, and writing Sherlock Holmes pastiches.
1. You recently moved here from the East Coast. What is your favorite thing about California so far? Spending time with family. I have a large extended family in the bay area so it’s nice to spend the holidays with everyone and cook together.
2. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go and why? As a nature lover, I’ve always had wanderlust for Japan. It would be an amazing experience to see the zen gardens, cherry blossoms, and Shinto shrines up close.
3. What is the best present you’ve ever given someone? Why was it special? It was a black and white sketch I had done for my grandmother. Though that was years ago, she still keeps it under her pillow. I don’t see her often as I’d like since she lives in India, so sending little things like this help bridge the distance.
4. What is something you would like to learn to do/be better at if you had the opportunity? Growing up bilingual, I’ve always been fond of foreign languages. If I had the chance, I would participate in a language program abroad. I think it would be an incredible way to learn a new language by completely immersing yourself in a different culture.
5. What do you love most about your work at Green Ivy? What I love most about my work is helping my students learn and grow, and the fact that they teach me new things every day.
Best invention of all time: computer Favorite breakfast item: mocha Best book you read in 2017: The Beekeeper’s Apprentice by Laurie R. King What role would you play in a rock band (lead singer, back up vocals, drummer, guitarist): guitarist Three words your friends would use to describe you: dedicated, creative, tea-addict
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.